New research provides hope for sleepyheads
After much yawning and consideration, we have decided to open for breakfast one hour later and stay open one hour later. Empirical evidence for our scientifically-sound conclusion? We were pretty empty from 7 to 8, but people kept coming to the door after we’d closed begging for pancakes.
Here are the NEW breakfast hours:
• Friday and Saturday: 8 am to noon
• Sunday: 8 am to 1 pm
New Year’s Eve: get in on the ground floor
Wish we had a nice two-level restaurant with seats as far as the eye can see, but we’ve just got our little place, one level, slightly below grade, and 49 seats.
So if you want to put you and yours into a couple of them, here’s what you need to know about New Year’s Eve. We’re open 6:00 to 11:00, and it’s open seating, open reservations so just call us up and request a time. Here’s the menu:
• Soup: Creamy Brussels sprouts, with crispy Brussels sprouts, bacon, and blue cheese croutons $6
• Oysters on the half shell, on ice with mignonette and fresh-grated horseradish, or roasted with preserved lemon hollandaise and buttered bread crumbs, $8 for half dozen; $14 for a dozen
• Salad of frissee, chiogga beets, kumquats, goat cheese crouton, lemon thyme vinaigrette $8
• Grilled romaine, gorgonzola cream dressing, pine nuts $8
• Oregon Dungeness Crab and ricotta ravioli, chanterelle mushroom tomato cream $12
• Italian Porchetta: Pork-belly wrapped pork loin with oranges, fennel seed and herbs, pork sugo, Yukon Gold potatoes in butter and parsley; grilled Italian lacinato kale and figs, fig vin cotto $23
• Butternut squash and fennel risotto with sage and hazelnuts, seared scallops, grape must mustard $21 (vegetarian available upon request, $18)
• Spanish bouillabaisse, with scallops, mussels, prawns, Dungeness crab, Spanish chorizo sausage, roasted red potatoes, saffron smokey paprika broth, grilled bread with romesco $25
• Filet mignon, gnocchi and crimini mushrooms in horseradish crème fraiche, roast Brussels sprouts with bacon $27
• 12 layer cake, crisp hazelnut meringue, chocolate soufflé and mocha buttercream $6
• Clementine crème brulee with chocolate dipped ambrosia macaroons and candied blood orange $6
CLOSED January 1-15
We will be closed just two weeks this year, from January 1-15. We re-open Wednesday, January 16 with a three-course dinner from Russia.
See you soon around Nora’s Table.